We are a successful estate and lettings agency on the Wirral who are now approaching their 25th year. We strive to offer the highest level of service to all our customers – including landlords and tenants and have an exciting opportunity to join our lettings team to assist with delivering and exceeding achievable targets. Previous experience is preferred for this role.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding lettings team as a Lettings Property Manager and assist with delivering and exceeding achievable targets.
The main responsibility within this role is to ‘maintain’ our managed portfolio. This involves moving tenants in, arranging maintenance on tenanted and vacant properties and liaising with tenants, landlords and contractors to resolve maintenance issues as efficiently as possible. On occasion it will involve visiting properties to inspect tenanted properties and report the condition back to the landlords and resolve any issues. To keep up-to-date with legislation and to carry out renewals and rent addendums.
- To build good and communicative rapport with tenants and landlords
- Logging issues raised with landlords and liaising with the relevant contractors
- Raising works orders and checking and adding invoices
- Maintaining properties we manage by arranging and resolving maintenance issues both large and small, efficiently and successfully.
- Keeping a detailed record of issues and correspondence and to ensure the relevant parties are kept continually up to date
- Legislation – arranging gas certs, EPCs and EICRs and keeping up-to-date with constantly evolving legislation
- Meetings with contractors to discuss any issues or to review processes
- Settling any utility disputes from vacant periods
- Answering the phone in line with service standards
- Renewing tenancies, drawing up tenancy agreements and agreeing terms
- Negotiation of the deposit release and arranging maintenance to do with that vacation
- To uphold the Karl Tatler Way
- To work as part of a team and individually
- Be aware of workload and report to line manager daily/weekly
- To work as a team to reach department targets
- Ensure effective communication between branches and lettings team
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills
- Contribute to the growth of the department
- Improve quality of works orders
- Provide an efficient managed service
- Reach achievable targets
- Strong Word, Excel and numeracy skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- A competitive salary with pension and Benenden Health Scheme benefit
- A great office/space to work in alongside exceptional staff
- 20 holidays (increasing by one a year, to a maximum of 25) plus bank holidays. Christmas Eve and New Year Eve morning given freely
- Onsite bar to relax in along with fully funded social events throughout the year
- Reward and recognition along with long service awards