Mon 16 Jul 2018 View all news articles
Property for sale will sell quicker with these must have features estate agents are claiming. While some of the features that house-buyers look for remain the same, there are other more surprising additions that the millennial market look for when buying houses.
Property for sale with benefit from having certain features.
While some old classic features remain at the top of the lost for what buyers look four, others have crept up.
New essentials for those buying properties include a good wifi connection and lots of plug sockets.
It is not surprising that what Britons are looking for in their homes is changing with the times.
Ben Wilson, a spokesman for GoCompare Home Insurance, told Mail Online: “Buying a home is the biggest financial commitment most people will make.
“So, before viewing properties it is helpful to have an idea of the type of area and property you'd like to live in and think about your real must-have priorities.
“Connectivity and energy efficiency are two massive factors for anyone thinking about a move at the moment, while the number of electrical sockets is now more important than access to local amenities.”
While central heating, double glazing and security remain at the top of the list, broadband for streaming films if the fifth most important requirement for the modern home-buyer.
Plenty of electrical sockets is sixth most important.
Interestingly, a good internet connection and power sockets are more important than having a driveway.
How many of these ‘must have’ features does your home have?
Property for sale must have features
1. Central heating - 82 per cent
2. Double glazing - 80 per cent
3. Secure doors and windows - 74 per cent
4. A garden - 69 per cent
5. A good, reliable broadband connection sufficiently strong to stream films and TV - 59 per cent
6. Plenty of electrical sockets - 59 per cent
7 Local shops and amenities - 58 per cent
8. A driveway or dedicated parking space - 53 per cent
9. A reliable, clear mobile phone signal - 53 per cent
10. A good energy efficiency rating - 52 per cent
11. At least 2 toilets - 52 per cent
12. Friendly neighbours - 51 per cent
13. A bath tub - 50 per cent
14. A shower cubicle - 49 per cent
15. Cavity wall insulation - 46 per cent
16. A living room big enough for a large, flat screen TV - 42 per cent
17. A garage - 41 per cent
18. A dining room - 40 per cent
19. A landline telephone - 39 per cent
20. A new boiler or central heating system - 37 per cent
Adding one feature to your house could increase the price of youe house.
Do you want to know what your property is worth? Arrange a free valuation here.
As leading Wirral estate agents and lettings agents we have plenty to talk about and like to give our opinions on a few things too! Read about what we have to say, our latest news and industry news.