Sun 02 Oct 2016 View all news articles
Use this simple method to calculate what percentage of an agents’ stock is currently under offer. This shows the ability of an agent to not only list properties, but sell them too!
For best results use on desktop, laptop or tablet
1. From the Rightmove.co.uk home page, select ‘find agents’ from the top menu.
2. Enter the location and agent’s name. If you don’t have a particular agent in mind, just leave the name blank and search your area.
3. Once you have selected the right office, click ‘ view all properties for sale’ at the top of the page.
4. Note the number of available properties listed- this includes properties under offer.
5. Uncheck the ‘Include Sold STC’ box and update results.
6. Note the number of properties available and calculate the difference between the two values.<
7. Divide this number by the original and multiply by 100 to get the percentage figure.
The higher the percentage of properties under offer, the more skilled they are at finding a buyer for your property. An agent with more properties under offer is likely to value properties more accurately and be more pro-active in the search for a buyer. This is exactly what you need from an agent with just several weeks left in the year.
Have you considered asking these questions?
- What is the agent's track record?
- How many of your type of property has the agent sold in your area?
- What percentage of the agents stock is under offer?
- Who do they believe will buy your property?
- What marketing tools has the agent got and how do they use them?
As leading Wirral estate agents and lettings agents we have plenty to talk about and like to give our opinions on a few things too! Read about what we have to say, our latest news and industry news.