We are not your average estate agent!
Not stuffy or corporate… but forward thinking and progressive; a company who cares about you and your career development. Having gone through a massive expansion over the last two years, we now seek a Lettings Compliance Assistant to join our lettings team.
- To ensure the managed portfolio is compliant including satisfactory EICRS, valid gas safeties, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms present and working, valid EPCs; plus ensuring the team are up-to-date with current legislation.
- To arrange gas safeties for the managed portfolio including getting permission from the landlord and instructing contractors. To ensure they are completed before they expire.
- To ensure every property has a valid EICR and where there isn’t one, gain permission from the landlord and instruct the relevant contractor. To keep on top of renewal EICRs.
- To ensure that new instructions are legally compliant including having smoke alarms on each storey and carbon monoxide alarms where required.
- To put processes in place where necessary to ensure that the managed portfolio is compliant. Please note, processes to be agreed and distributed by management (Louise G).
- To arrange spot checks of properties to ensure it is in line with legislation
- To carry out inspections on behalf of Property Managers that may need a representative from Karl Tatler
- To keep up to date with current legislation and ensure that the knowledge is shared with the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the company remains legally compliant - due diligence, data protection,
- Maintain correct records/documentation
- Strong Word, Excel and numeracy skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- A very competitive salary with pension and Benenden Health Scheme benefit
- A great office/space to work in alongside exceptional staff
- 20 holidays (increasing by one a year, to a maximum of 25) plus bank holidays. Christmas Eve and New Year Eve morning given freely
- Onsite bar to relax in along with fully funded social events throughout the year
- Reward and recognition along with long service awards
Previous experience preferable.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.